Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Opens for Applications
April 1, 2019
The Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund is open for applications on 30th March 2020. The Fund which is managed by RES and administered by Workspace, offers grants of up to £2,000 to community and voluntary groups from within a four mile radius of the wind farm site. The Fund encourages applications from community projects which are for the benefit of residents of this area and can provide both capital and revenue grants.
The main criteria used when assessing applications to the Fund will be:
- The benefits of the project to the wider Draperstown Community
- The impact of the grant/project on the group applying
- Additionality/likelihood of the project progressing without funding
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed i.e. its sustainability and legacy.
- Level of innovation of the project
Other factors which will be considered and must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the group to deliver the project
- Value for money
Click on the links below to download the Fund Eligibility Criteria and Application Form:
- Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Eligibility Criteria
- Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Application Form
The closing date for applications to the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund is 5pm on Friday 8th May 2020. For more information contact Shauna on 028 7962 8113 or email email@example.com
RES, who asset manage the three turbine Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm, located in close proximity to Draperstown, has committed £25,000 per annum to the Draperstown area as part of its community benefit programme which offers financial support to the communities in which its wind farms are located.
£10,000 per annum will be distributed as grants through the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund with the remaining £15,000 per annum committed to assist in bringing the former Rural College/Derrynoid Centre site back into use for the benefit of the local Draperstown community.