The Workspace Group Team Day 2016
July 14, 2016
Every year we bring together our staff from across the Group for our annual team day. This year our focus was on health and well being and we offered staff the opportunity to take part in a range of different activities aimed at improving their overall health and well being:
- Bubble Football – An exciting twist on the traditional game of soccer, staff were wrapped in a giant, soft inflatable Bubble Ball with shoulder harnesses and handles inside!
- Stress Management/Relaxation techniques – This workshop was chair based and included progressive muscle relaxation, stretching and breathing techniques, an introduction to meditation and some mindfulness exercises.
- Laughter Yoga – Laughter Yoga is a practice involving prolonged voluntary laughter. Laughter yoga is based on the belief that voluntary laughter provides the same physiological and psychological benefits as spontaneous laughter. Forced laughter soon turns into real and contagious laughter. Laughing is an easy way to strengthen all immune functions, bring more oxygen to the body and brain, foster positive feelings and improve interpersonal skills. Laughter builds confidence, connects relationships, promotes emotional intelligence and enhances creativity.
- The Benefits of Eating Right– Roisin Armstrong, author of Porridge is an Aphrodisiac, highlighted the importance of food in terms of energy and productivity. This included how food can help to combat or control stress, which foods help with mood, sleeping, hair, nails, skin and general health issues like cancer prevention, reduction in risks of heart issues, diabetes prevention – the list is pretty extensive!
- Crazy Golf – Staff negotiated the twists and bends of a 9 hole crazy golf course in the least number of shots.
- Build a Bird House – Staff had the opportunity to practice their DIY skills by building their own bird house to take home with them.
Everyone had a brilliant day – check out our facebook page to see some more photos!