Workspace Recreation Centre
The Workspace Recreation Centre was officially opened in April 2008. With some 28,500 people from the local community using the facilities throughout the year the success of the Workspace Recreation Centre and the subsequent health benefits it offers to the local area continue to grow and the Backrow is now an integral part of the Draperstown community.
During the day the centre is used primarily for PE by St Colm’s High School and opens to the wider community every evening and at weekends.
The Workspace Recreation Centre is a state of the art leisure facility boasting:
- A four court sports hall which can be used for a range of activities including:
- And many more…
- 3rd Generation outdoor pitches which can be used as a full pitch or divided in to 3 smaller pitches
- 4 one wall handball walls
- Dedicated spinning facilities with 22 spinning bikes
- A two-week Summer Sports Programme for kids, which is designed and delivered by experienced coaches and covers a range of both indoor and outdoor physical activities.
- A variety of exercise classes including Spinning, Circuits, U16 & U14 Male and Female Circuits, Girls Keep Fit
- Full use of all equipment and kitchen facilities when booking a birthday party
Half price weekends are still on offer – simply book the hall or 3rd Generation pitches on a Saturday or Sunday and pay half price!
If you would like more information on the Workspace Recreation Centre or would like to make a booking contact the centre on 028 7962 7800 or Nicole on 028 7962 8113
Four Court Sports Hall
The Backrow Recreation Centre hall can be used for a variety of activities. All equipment is included in the hire price. For a full list of equipment contact the centre on 028 7962 7800 or The Workspace Group on 028 7962 8113.
3rd Generation Outdoor Pitches
The 3rd Generation Outdoor Pitches provide an excellent facility for all types of sporting activities.
The state of the art pitches are floodlit and can be hired as a full size pitch or individually as three separate mini pitches.
For more information or to make a booking contact the centre on 028 7962 7800 or Nicole on 028 7962 8113.
Handball is fast becoming an increasingly popular sport in Northern Ireland. Players use their hands to hit a small rubber ball against a wall so that it bounces off in such a way that their opponent cannot return it.
To book the handball facilities at the Backrow contact the centre on 028 7962 7800 or The Workspace Group on 028 7962 8113.
Click here to view our Privacy Statement.