Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Supports Draperstown Groups
June 18, 2019
Seven community and voluntary projects from the Draperstown area have been awarded a total of £10,000 in support from the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund. RES, who asset manage the three turbine Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm, located in close proximity to Draperstown, offers financial support to community and voluntary groups within a four mile radius of the wind farm site through the Community Fund.
We continue to work in partnership with RES as their Fund administrator and were delighted to offer grants from the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund to the following groups:
- Ballinascreen Early Years – towards the development of a sensory toy and equipment library
- Naiscoil na Speirini – towards equipment to encourage outdoor physical learning experiences
- Ballinascreen Fold Tenants Association – towards the purchase of gardening equipment and materials to develop the outdoor space on site
- Workspace After School Club – to fund active learning opportunities for the kids over the summer
- 33rd Derry Ballinascreen Scouts – towards the purchase of canoes for use by the Scouts
- St Mary’s Primary School – towards the purchase of materials to enhance the outdoor learning space at the school
- Gaelscoil na Speirini – towards the development of a numeracy programme for children and parents
Carey Green, RES commented “As a long-term asset manager of wind farms, we consider it vital to be an active partner in communities where they are located and believe the projects supported by the Community Fund this year will be of great benefit to the local community.”
Diarmuid O’Kane, The Workspace Group, commented “This is our second year working in partnership with RES on the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund and we are delighted to by their continued commitment to the Draperstown community.”
The 2020 Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund will open for applications on Monday 30th March 2020. For more information contact Shauna on 028 7962 8113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.