Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Open for Applications
August 7, 2020
The Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund is currently open for applications. The Fund which is managed by RES and administered by Workspace, offers grants of up to £2,000 to community and voluntary groups from within a four mile radius of the wind farm site. The Fund encourages applications from community projects which are for the benefit of residents of this area and can provide both capital and revenue grants.
Given the current unprecedented circumstances the fund will prioritise initiatives/groups that are directly supporting those in the community most at risk/adversely affected as a result of the coronavirus situation, and clearly evidence the need for support.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Older people (aged over 50)
- Those at increased risk, particularly in relation to poor physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Vulnerable isolated people and families, particularly those living in rural areas,
- Families where a parent/both parents have lost their employment or where children are living in poverty
The fund will support costs such as volunteer expenses and transport, providing the Group/project is focusing their attention on providing support to those in the categories above.
The main criteria used when assessing applications to the Fund will be:
- The benefits of the project to the wider Draperstown Community – in particular to those most at risk/adversely affected as a result of the coronavirus situation
- The need for the project is clearly evidenced
- Additionality/likelihood of the project progressing without funding from the Wind Farm
- The ability of the applicant/group to deliver the project
- Value for money
Click on the links below to download the Fund Eligibility Criteria and Application Form:
- ackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Eligibility Criteria
- Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Application Form
The closing date for applications to the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund is 5pm on 7th September 2020. For more information contact Shauna on 028 7962 8113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org